As an InFlight Development Specialist your primary responsibility will be the development of content for all required flight training curriculum.
- Design and develop course-ware using adult learning principles and instructional design best practices for applicable InFlight Training Programs; Initial New Hire (INH), Continuing Qualification (CQ), Requalification, Transition, Additional, InFlight Experience, and Instructor
- Ensure course-ware content is in compliance with all Federal Aviation Regulations
- Work with the SkyWest Multimedia and Creative Services Department to create and develop distance learning (CBTs) and videos for applicable training programs
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Design and develop exercises, study guides, and other training tools to aid in the learning process
- Ensure all applicable training course-ware is updated and current when new revisions to policies and procedures are issued
- Interface with all SkyWest departments to ensure consistency and compliance with applicable training course-ware
- Attend required Company meetings
- Attend training workshops and seminars pertinent to applicable InFlight training programs and industry conferences
- Responsible to ensure the InFlight Advanced Qualification Program Manual (IFAQPM) is current and meets regulatory compliance
- Responsible to ensure the IFAQPM revisions and temporary revisions meet regulatory compliance and interface with other department manuals
- Works with Flight Operations, Safety, Security, InFlight Standards, InFlight Training, and OnBoard Services to ensure interfacing policies and procedures are current with the IFAQPM
- Works with the Corporate Technical Publications and Standards Department to ensure the IFAQPM is submitted according to the established revision process and meets Company authoring standards
- Works with the InFlight Standards Department to submit and receive approval of the IFAQPM
- Responsible for oversight of the development and implementation of the InFlight AQP grading and reporting software
- Manages and oversees InFlight AQP data collection and submission.
- Responsible for oversight and submission of the InFlight AQP Annual Report
- Responsible for development, maintaining currency, and regulatory requirements for the following InFlight training programs: Continuing Qualification (CQ), Transition, Instructor/Evaluator (I/E) Quarterly Training, Initial I/E Training, I/E Continuing Qualification, Special Tracking, and Remediation
- Responsible to ensure InFlight training courseware is current when new revisions are issued for applicable training programs
- Works with the SkyWest MultiMedia and Creative Services Departments to develop distance learning (e.g., CBTs) and videos for applicable training programs.
- Works with the Manager InFlight Training to ensure instruction of the applicable InFlight training programs are effective for the learning environment
- Works with the Manager InFlight Standards when revisions to department and Company manuals are released and policies and procedures are changed or updated.
Flight Attendant Training Records
- Oversees the FA training records and qualifications
- Supports and manages the Coordinators InFlight Records
- Oversees the FAA FA certification records
- Maintains policies and procedures for InFlight Records
- Monitors accuracy of training records
- Approves changes to training rosters and records processes
Safety Management System (SMS) Duties
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of SMS processes within their area of responsibility, including but not limited to:
- Hazard identification and safety risk anaylsis
- Assuring the effectiveness of safety risk controls
- Promoting safety, as required in 14 CFR Part 5 Subpart E Safety Promotion.
- Advising the Manager InFlight Safety on the performance of the SMS within InFlight and on any need for improvement
- For information regarding required SMS Training and risk acceptance, refer to InFlight Safety Manual (IFSM) SP 2000.
- Responds to InFlight ERC rommendations
- Works with the local FAA InFlight Event Review Team members
- Assists with FAA Safety Assurance System (SAS) and IOSA, DOD, and industry audits for applicable training programs
- Attends meetings and industry-related conferences, as needed
- Support and manage InFlight Development Specialists, Coordinator InFlight AQP, and Coordinators InFlight Records
- Flies as an FA every 120 days in the operation (when FA qualification is held) or instruct an AQP training event every 120 days (when FA qualification is not held).
- Attends the monthly FAA/InFlight Teleconferences
Post End Date
US-UT-SALT LAKE CITY | US-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS | US-CO-DENVER | US-CA-FRESNO | US-TX-HOUSTON | US-CA-LOS ANGELES | US-MN-MINNEAPOLIS | US-IL-CHICAGO | US-CA-PALM SPRINGS | US-AZ-PHOENIX | US-OR-PORTLAND | ...
SkyWest Airlines, the largest independently owned regional airline, is currently in search of individuals who take pride in seeing a job done well. We pride ourselves in being an on-time airline and are seeking dedicated individuals that understand a deadline-driven environment, while also maintaining high quality standards of operational safety and customer service. As a SkyWest employee, you will be part of an exciting team of professionals that love working in the travel industry and sharing their enthusiasm with the passengers. From the seasoned traveler to the first time flier, we want make each experience exceptional.
The primary role of a SkyWest Flight Attendant is to ensure the safety of our passengers while they are onboard our aircraft. Other important responsibilities include caring for our passengers and offering exceptional customer service while serving meals and drinks. This is a dynamic and exciting position that allows you to travel, meet new challenges, and be invigorated every day as you portray the essence of SkyWest to our customers!
- Ensure safety and comfort of customers onboard the aircraft
- Prepare/serve meals and beverages including alcohol
- Greet passengers, assist with carry-on baggage stowage, and deliver onboard announcements
- Provide leadership in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Calmly resolve passenger situations during flight, including disorderly passengers, and medical emergencies
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Adhere to established procedures and performance standards
Post End Date
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.