With over 13,000 aviation professionals operating thousands of daily flights, SkyWest Airlines connects millions of passengers each month to hundreds of destinations across North America. SkyWest operates in partnership with Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, American Airlines and Alaska Airlines and has a fleet of nearly 450 aircraft. Headquartered in St. George, Utah, SkyWest's industry-leading workforce and excellent leadership team have consistently generated solid operational and economic performance, setting the standard for excellence in the regional industry.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality and professionalism, along with world-class benefits like 401(k) match,Performance Rewards, health care, retirement and discounted travel worldwide.
The Maintenance Control Center coordinates and facilitates a safe maintenance operation in keeping with all applicable Company policies, procedures, and governmental regulations. They also maintain operational control by continuous liaison with dispatch and provides that department with current and continuing reports of the airworthiness status of the aircraft through the ARB status board.
- Coordinate on line maintenance needs with planning and dispatch
- Provide technical assistance to line mechanics, flight crews and emergency maintenance providers following maintenance manuals and air worthiness procedures
- Create and maintain daily reports
- Issue and document DMI's
- Will receive MX Control Override and Location Override
- Other duties as assigned
Provide coordination within Crew Support and Flight Control to assure the safe, on-time and profitable scheduling of SkyWest Airlines Crewmembers while adhering to all FARs and Company policies. Perform a variety of responsible and technical crew scheduling functions and activities, including: continuous auditing and verifying coverage of all flights; notification of changes to crewmember daily/monthly schedules; continuous monitoring of crewmember legality; utilization of reserve crewmembers in the most efficient and expedient method necessary to ensure coverage.
• Current and proficient in all FARs, Company and Department policies and protocols.
• Constant attention in monitoring legality reports to ensure compliance with all applicable FARs.
• Remove and find replacement options for crewmembers who have are projected to legality limits.
• FDP extension monitoring and record keeping. Ensure accuracy for required FAA reporting.
• Calculate and provide accurate wheels-up times to ensure compliance with FAR 117 legalities.
• Liaison between Dispatch Supervisor(s) and Crew Support.
• Coordinate with Dispatch Supervisor(s) and Controllers on all operational issues.
• Maintain constant communication with Flight Control related to crewmember legality requirements, reflow and reroute.
• IROP Recovery Team: coordinate and execute IROP recovery plan jointly with Dispatch.
• Complete all required reports pertaining to daily operations and irregularities.
• Align crews with the locations of spare aircraft.
• Assign crews as required to ensure that each usable spare aircraft has a flight crew assigned to it, should the need arise to reposition that aircraft with short notice.
• Actively work to find reflow options or available reserve crew, assign trips, notify crewmembers of schedule changes and make necessary accommodations (hotels, deadheads, transportation, etc.).
• Identify flights at risk of an extended delay.
• When a flight is identified as a potential extended delay flight, evaluate the impact on the delay to the crew’s FDP, block, and rest limitations, and discuss the constraints with other team members (OCC, MX Control).
• Evaluate the downline impact of extended delays and reflow/replace crews on downline flights to mitigate the impact.
• Proactively identify potential crew rest delays for the following day and discuss mitigation options with the other team members (OCC, MX Control).
• Initiate and maintain crew rest tool on OCC Status Board. Communicate all rest adjustments for the following day.
• Coordinate coverage for all maintenance planned reposition/ferry flights and make necessary accommodations (hotels, deadheads, transportation, etc.).
• Assist other Coordinator desks with crew resource allocation plan forms / reflows, as needed.
• Assist in acquiring extra crew for test flights, repositioning of equipment or extra sections.
• Make necessary hotel reservations for trips scheduled out of domicile, irregular operations, or crewmembers out of position.
• Create all crewmember NRPS bookings to position to/from assignment(s) in accordance with partner agreements and company policies.
• Handle constant incoming phone traffic; effectively communicate and problem solve with crewmembers and other teammates while multi-tasking other responsibilities.
• Manage irregularities arising as a result of sick calls, late crewmembers, emergencies and other absences.
• Provide assistance to crewmembers and station personnel with various requests for information.
• Provide schedule and personnel information to all Flight Operations Management, SAPA and SIA.
• Maintain proficiency with all computer systems related to crewmember scheduling including: CrewTrac, SkedPlus, and all partner reservation systems.
• Process all other Crew Support duties and tasks, as assigned.