SkyWest is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. More importantly, we’re known for our reliability, service and our professional employees who operate more than 2,300 flights each day throughout North America. We have been esteemed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for an industry-leading workforce, an exceptional leadership team and our continued solid operational and economic performance.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality and professionalism, along with world-class benefits such as 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health care, retirement and discounted travel worldwide.
Dispatcher primary job duties include but not limited to:
- Must be highly knowledgeable of FAR's, NTSB, HMR, and company manuals
- Monitor the progress of flights. Remain constantly aware of location and status of all company a/c
- Issue necessary information for the safety of the flight
- Cancel or amend (121) flights if, in the opinion of the dispatcher or pilot-in-command, the flight cannot operate or continue to operate safely as planned and released
- Monitor the weather along flight routes and at all destinations and alternate airports
- Prepare flight control releases, and dispatch aircraft and crews
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor