Click column header to sort
SkyWest Airlines is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. We have been listed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for our industry-leading workforce, exceptional leadership team and our continued solid operational and economic performance. Headquartered in St. George, Utah, our SkyWest people in the Operational Control Center support the operations to keep SkyWest Airlines operating at the top of the industry.
The OCC System Controller is responsible for all coordination, cancellation, and reflow of SkyWest flights. Ensures optimum coverage of and adherence to the published flight schedule, in accordance with Company policies. Ensures maximum safety, economy, and utility of the operation.
Primary job duties of OCC System Controller include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for schedule integrity and daily operation of SkyWest Airlines flights to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, and consideration of economic factors
- Cancels and delays flights, reflows crews and aircraft as necessary to achieve a high level of efficiency, economics, and passenger convenience
- Maintains a constant awareness of weather, air traffic control, and other factors impacting flights in their region of operation
- Monitors the progress of each flight in their region of operation and ensures Out Off On In (OOOI) times are posted in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures correct cancellation codes are utilized
- Delegates assigned duties as necessary. Utilizes CRM and DRM principles when interacting with dispatchers, flight crews, Crew Support, and Maintenance Control
- Communicates with the appropriate dispatcher regarding changes that affect the release of any flight including tail swaps, crew changes, and aircraft maintenance status
- Communicates with flight crew and station personnel regarding changes to aircraft assignment, crew reflows, aircraft maintenance, flight cancellations, and delays
- Coordinates with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and local customs officials on all issues related to international flights
- Continually monitors and provides assistance to international diversions
- Develops contingency and recovery plans during irregular operations
- Any other duties as assigned by VP OCC, Manager System Control, OCC Shift Manager or Lead System Controller
As an Inflight Records Coordinator you will assist in documenting, updating, and tracking flight attendant training to ensure all regulatory and company training requirements are followed.
- Inputs FA training records into the CrewQual system, including information for Initial New Hire, IOE, OE, CQ, New Equipment, Mandatory Additional Training, ROE, Remediation, and Special Tracking Training
- Builds and updates all FA and instructor training rosters
- Completes the FA records reports, including the Base Month Training Report, Monthly Dequal Due/Overdue Report, and daily CrewQual reports
- Tracks and updates the FA LOAs and Return to Duty status for training requirements
- Notifies the InFlight Training Department, CFAs, and Crew Support of required training for FAs returning from LOA, Rehire FAs, and domicile transfers
- Determines and realigns the FA training base month, when required
- Manages the FA training record archives
- Inputs the FA line check records into the CrewQual system
- Copies and distributes the line check, IOE, ROE, OE and Familiarization paperwork to the InFlight Standards Performance Manager
- Manages the FA line check record archives
- Inputs and tracks all Lead/Ground Instructor training activities
- Inputs the New Hire FA information into the FAA database for FAA FA certifications
- InFlight Emergency Response Team Member for securing and reporting FA training records
- Attends Company meetings, when applicable
- Attends training, workshops, and seminars pertinent to the Coordinator InFlight Records’ responsibilities
SkyWest is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. More importantly, we’re known for our reliability, service and our professional employees who operate more than 2,000 flights each day throughout North America. We have been esteemed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for an industry-leading workforce, an exceptional leadership team and our continued solid operational and economic performance.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality and professionalism, along with world-class benefits like 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health care, retirement and discounted travel worldwide.
As a Crew Scheduler, you will perform a variety of technical crew scheduling functions and activities.
- Maintain necessary communication with all crewmembers, flight control, and station personnel related to crew schedules
- Continuous auditing and verification of coverage of all scheduled flights
- Notification of changes to crewmember daily/monthly schedule changes
- Continuous monitoring of crewmember schedules to ensure legality/FAR compliance
- Utilization of reserve crewmembers in the most efficient and expedient method necessary to ensure operational reliability
- Secure all necessary accommodations including but not limited to hotel and deadhead flight booking
- Provide excellent customer service and support to all crewmembers through handling all scheduling related items including relaying correct policy, procedural, and regulatory information