As an Air Transportation Supervisor, you will assist in classroom instruction and SOE training of dispatchers. You will also perform initial, transition, and recurrent competency checks.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of training materials and publications used in OCC
- Assists in ensuring department standardization and proficiency
- Works a scheduled dispatch shift as necessary
- Assists in audits of OCC functions in accordance with DTM SP 2502
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director OCC, Manager OCC Training, and/or Chief Dispatch Instructor
SkyWest is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. More importantly, we’re known for our reliability, service and our professional employees who operate more than 2,300 flights each day throughout North America. We have been esteemed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for an industry-leading workforce, an exceptional leadership team and our continued solid operational and economic performance.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality and professionalism, along with world-class benefits such as 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health care, retirement and discounted travel worldwide.
Dispatcher primary job duties include but not limited to:
- Must be highly knowledgeable of FAR's, NTSB, HMR, and company manuals
- Monitor the progress of flights. Remain constantly aware of location and status of all company a/c
- Issue necessary information for the safety of the flight
- Cancel or amend (121) flights if, in the opinion of the dispatcher or pilot-in-command, the flight cannot operate or continue to operate safely as planned and released
- Monitor the weather along flight routes and at all destinations and alternate airports
- Prepare flight control releases, and dispatch aircraft and crews
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The Maintenance Control Center coordinates and facilitates a safe maintenance operation in keeping with all applicable Company policies, procedures, and governmental regulations. They also maintain operational control by continuous liaison with dispatch and provides that department with current and continuing reports of the airworthiness status of the aircraft through the ARB status board.
- Coordinate on line maintenance needs with planning and dispatch
- Provide technical assistance to line mechanics, flight crews and emergency maintenance providers following maintenance manuals and air worthiness procedures
- Create and maintain daily reports
- Issue and document DMI's
- Will receive MX Control Override and Location Override
- Other duties as assigned