SkyWest Airlines is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. We have been listed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for our industry-leading workforce, exceptional leadership team and our continued solid operational and economic performance. Headquartered in St. George, Utah, our SkyWest people in the Operational Control Center support the operations to keep SkyWest Airlines operating at the top of the industry.
The OCC System Controller is responsible for all coordination, cancellation, and reflow of SkyWest flights. Ensures optimum coverage of and adherence to the published flight schedule, in accordance with Company policies. Ensures maximum safety, economy, and utility of the operation.
Primary job duties of OCC System Controller include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for schedule integrity and daily operation of SkyWest Airlines flights to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, and consideration of economic factors
- Cancels and delays flights, reflows crews and aircraft as necessary to achieve a high level of efficiency, economics, and passenger convenience
- Maintains a constant awareness of weather, air traffic control, and other factors impacting flights in their region of operation
- Monitors the progress of each flight in their region of operation and ensures Out Off On In (OOOI) times are posted in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures correct cancellation codes are utilized
- Delegates assigned duties as necessary. Utilizes CRM and DRM principles when interacting with dispatchers, flight crews, Crew Support, and Maintenance Control
- Communicates with the appropriate dispatcher regarding changes that affect the release of any flight including tail swaps, crew changes, and aircraft maintenance status
- Communicates with flight crew and station personnel regarding changes to aircraft assignment, crew reflows, aircraft maintenance, flight cancellations, and delays
- Coordinates with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and local customs officials on all issues related to international flights
- Continually monitors and provides assistance to international diversions
- Develops contingency and recovery plans during irregular operations
- Any other duties as assigned by VP OCC, Manager System Control, OCC Shift Manager or Lead System Controller